Liposuction Cost – How Much for a Flat Stomach?
I had lipo of my stomach, hips, inner thighs and knees about three months ago. I was awake for the entire surgery. And if you’re thinking “say what?!”, let me reassure you I will talk about this experience in detail in a future post. But rest assured, you do not have to go under general anesthesia for liposuction. And the results are amazing! I’ve always had that little bit of pudge over my lower abs, and I am happy to report it is completely gone. No more muffin top, which means I’m rocking the hip-hugger jeans for the first time in my life!
But I digress. I promised to talk to you today about what liposuction costs. I’ve talked a little bit about the cost of cosmetic surgery in previous posts, but lets review what’s involved really quickly so you don’t have to link to another post.
When you are handed a cost sheet at your surgery consultation, it will likely have the following items on it:
- The surgical fee. This is just the portion your surgeon charges.
- The facility fee. This is the cost for time at the surgery center or hospital where your surgery will be performed.
- The anesthesia fee. If you have surgery awake or just under light sedation, then this won’t apply.
- Other add-ons. This may include the cost of implants for a breast augmentation, or scar cream for after surgery.
I don’t know about you, but I hate feeling nickel-and-dimed, so I try to keep my liposuction cost sheets pretty all inclusive. This means I include the posteroperative compression garment and the scar cream in the cost, so that you aren’t being asked to pay for add-ons after the fact. The surgical fee, facility fee, and anesthesia fee are all based on the time involved. So for liposuction cost the two variables are patient size (i.e. body mass index, or BMI) and how many areas we’re treating.
- If your BMI is in the normal range (18.5-25) and we’re treating your stomach and waist, you can expect to pay around $5500. This would obviously be a little less if you didn’t have general anesthesia.
- If your BMI is higher, say 30-35, then it would be more like $7500 to have your abdomen and waist treated.
Again, these numbers are just generalizations. If you would like a treatment plan personalized to your goals, please call me to schedule a consultation: (440) 974-8577.
You can also check out my website for more liposuction before and after photos.
Talk you to all again soon!
Dr. Greer is a plastic surgeon in Cleveland, Ohio. Her passion is helping moms regain their confidence by getting rid of sagginess, wrinkles, and stubborn fat using surgery, laser, Botox and fillers. Check out her website for more information, or to download a FREE copy of “The Busy Mom’s Guide to Plastic Surgery.“